Tuesday, August 31, 2010

it might be a copycat but its delish!

I love going to La Madeleine. There strawberries romanoff are to die for fresh strawberries with a creamy sauce. Well I decided to try my hand at trying to make my own version at home. And I have to say it came out perfect! Now I can have my favorite simple dessert anytime i want. So here is my copycat recipe


16 oz. of sour cream
2 tablespoons brown sugar (light or dark will both work i tried both so use whatever is on hand)
1 or 2 cap fulls of liquor (brandy is what la Madeleine uses but i tried both vodka, brandy and Kahlua and they all taste great, if its just for all adults you can use more to liquor to taste)

and add it all together and mix in a bowl chill for an hour or two and serve over strawberries
the other night i did mixed berries and it was amazing!!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment